Business Advisory & Bookkeeping Manager
Business Advisory & Bookkeeping Manager
Company Name: Integrated Tax Consultants
Company Location: Falmouth, Maine
INTEGRATED TAX CONSULTANTS is a small, rapidly growing, Falmouth CPA/Accounting firm that provides individual and business clients with a suite of services including general accounting, tax compliance, tax planning, consulting, and bookkeeping. We maintain an effective, productive, collaborative, and professional work environment while focusing on building lasting, meaningful, and fun relationships with all our business contacts.
The Business Advisory & Bookkeeping Manager provides a variety of critical support to the Company, including human resources and additional administrative responsibilities, as well as outsourced bookkeeping activities to clients. This position requires someone who is highly skilled in maintaining confidential financial records as well as overseeing bookkeeping staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages Bookkeeping Department (BKD) staff, including handling of sensitive and confidential personnel issues and information.
- Makes day-to-day operational and organizational decisions for BKD.
- Is involved with BKD personnel actions and decisions including determining job responsibilities, hiring, training, professional development and job reviews.
- Coordinates BKD team-building and facilitates departmental performance improvement.
- Performs general bookkeeping tasks for clients and maintains and records complete and systematic sets of business transactions on behalf of clients.
- Provides assistance of other financial functions on behalf of clients, including:
- Prepare and review financial reports.
- Prepare and review budgets.
- Account reconciliation.
- Maintain statements of cash flows.
- Payroll and payroll taxes.
- Closing multiple sets of books for income, sales and excise tax preparation.
- Responsible for quality control and management of all BKD practices and procedures to ensure timely and accurate systems are in place for recording and reporting financial data on behalf of clients.
- Responsible for quality control of all BK jobs in iFirm workflow management software including adding, deleting, tracking, billing and closing jobs.
- Responsible for reviewing Bookkeeping, CFO, and Sales Tax jobs for billing prior to invoicing for accuracy and billing integrity which includes tracking and evaluating all staff time management.
- Performs all other related duties as requested.
Requirements & Expectations
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or the equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Three to Five years’ experience in a similar position required.
- Proficiency using accounting software, especially QuickBooks (desktop & online), and MS Excel required.
- Maintains professionalism, punctuality, dependability, reliability and a desire to grow in the position and continue to learn.
- Clear and professional communication within and between departments, asks for help when needed and maintains open lines of communication surrounding collaborative projects.
- Meets deadlines, self-manages time and workload; is proficient at establishing priorities for self and for department.
- Work is performed in a general office environment. Travel to prospect/client locations may be required.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience, including time and a half overtime. Benefits include Health Insurance, Life, LTD & STD Insurance, retirement savings plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Parking.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references, to Matthew Desormiers, Chief Operations Officer via email to email@example.com, or via post to 400 US Route 1, Suite B, Falmouth, ME 04105.
Integrated Tax Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.