Processing Assistant (Seasonal)
The Opportunity: Integrated Tax Consultants (Itc)
Company Name:Accounting Firm
Company Location: Falmouth, Maine
A well-reputed, rapidly growing, and accessible Falmouth accounting firm is searching for a Processing Assistant to join our talented team of accounting, administrative, and tax professionals. Now in our ninth year of business, ITC has experienced steady growth simply by word-of- mouth and is poised to continue this trend into the future.We maintain a down-to-earth and fun work environment while providing a high level of professional accounting services to individuals and businesses. Our office is located in a private office park just north of downtown Falmouth, Maine. This is a seasonal 40-hour/week position during the months of February-April and August-October.
Position summary: Processing Assistant (Seasonal)The Processing Assistant is a seasonal 40-hour/week position offered from August-October and February-April, with the potential of becoming a year-round position.Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, flourishes with deadlines, self-learning but comfortable asking questions, professional, a team player that can follow processes and directions.
- Scanning, filing, and organizing client documents.
- Processing tax documents and quality control of client data for signatures and mailings.
- Meticulously update and enter changes into workflow management software.
- Accurately and timely management of digital documents.
- Maintain concise and accurate email communications with clients and staff.
- Read and follow instructions for Federal and State tax return filings and find resources to verify addresses and deadline information related to different taxing authorities.
- Ability to answer incoming phone calls and handle client communications.
- All aspects of mailing and tracking mailed documents.
- Respond to client questions concerning delivered tax returns and procedural processes involved.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an office environment preferred. /li>
- PC and Microsoft Office experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently and appropriately.
- Personal, collaborative, and team oriented.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage time in light of workflow priorities.
- QuickBooks Online experience a plus.
- Ability to learn new software easily.
- Ability to think on one’s feet.
- Awareness of, and responsiveness to the overall priorities of tax season and processing returns.
Application ProcessPlease submit cover letter & resume to Matthew Desormiers, Chief Operations Officer, viaemail at email@example.com, orviapostto 358 US-1, Ste 101, Falmouth, ME, 04105.
IntegratedTaxConsultantsisanEqualOpportunityEmployer.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for and within employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources.